Author Topic: NaNoWriMo  (Read 3362 times)

Gaetan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
NaNoWriMo
« on: November 02, 2017, 07:16:25 AM »
Have a good NaNoWriMo, Steve!!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Steve

• Global Moderator
  • S.C.Eston
    • View Profile
    • S.C. Eston Official Website
Re: NaNoWriMo
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2017, 08:52:48 AM »
Hi,
thanks. It started two days ago and I have 1,600 words so far. This is a bit behind schedule (the daily quota is around 1,700 to meet the target after 30 days), but since I'm doing a re-write, I'm expecting some sections of the story to go fairly fast.

I selected to do a re-write of The Stranger of Ul Darak this year, because I know my time will be limited with our new baby boy and because I'm very excited about the latest ideas that popped up to finalize the story. I'm hoping that this version will be the last major revision and that I can then start sharing the story with beta readers. I'll keep you posted.

NaNoWriMo is fun and a good way to push yourself to find time for writing. It is also great to reconnect with other authors that are doing it and that I met last year.

Steve

Gaetan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2017, 01:16:36 PM »
Are some of the authors from your group doing it as well?

Steve

• Global Moderator
  • S.C.Eston
    • View Profile
    • S.C. Eston Official Website
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2017, 12:58:55 PM »
Hi,

no, none from my own writing group, but there are many other authors from Fredericton and the region that are doing it. Also, some of the authors I have been in touch with over the years are back, which is fun.

Each locations has representatives, who organize events throughout November, such as in-person writing sessions, or virtual writing sessions. The NaNoWriMo website also have a forum, with a regional section (and a bunch of other discussions, organized by age, genre, locations, etc.). Any way you look at it, NaNoWriMo is good platform to get in touch with other writers in your community, or abroad.

Steve
« Last Edit: April 05, 2018, 11:44:06 AM by Steve »